Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicken Delicious


This was on p. 44 from my new crockpot cookbook.

10 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I did less)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I did lemon juice from the fridge...not freshly squeezed)
salt and pepper to taste
2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of celery soup (I did cream of chicken)
1/3 C. sherry or wine, optional (I omitted)
1/4 C. grated parmesan cheese (I just did the cheap stuff in the green can)

Place chicken in slow cooker in layers. Season each layer with a sprinkling of lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl mix soups and wine. Pour soup over chicken. SPrinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours until chicken is tender but not dry.

We gave this 4.5 out of 5 stars. I couldn't taste the parmesan. I would try fresh parmesan next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment