Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Philly 3 step No-bake Cheesecake

I fell in love with this recipe while I was in college and I still make it today.  It was off the back of a cream cheese container.  (Hence the reference to "philly" for Philadelphia cream cheese).  It is not like cheesecake from the cheesecake factory (it is not baked) so don't expect that.  But I think it's a fast yummy dessert.

Prep time: 10 Min
Baking time: none
Refrigeration time:  a few hours
Serves: 8

1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. white granulated sugar
2 C. thawed cool whip
1 graham cracker crust (or make your own by crushing graham cracker, placing in bottom of pie tin and drizzling with melted better or margarine and baking for a bit)
1 can (20 oz) cherry pie filling (or I like raspberry---just personal preference)

Mix cream cheese and sugar.  Stir in cool whip.  Spoon into crust.  Top with pie filling.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. (probably want to give it an hour or two in the fridge before serving).

1 comment:

  1. TRY STIRRING IN SOME KOOLAID LEMONADE MIX JUST TO TASTE OR A LITTLE COCOA AND VANILLA IT WILL CHANGE THE WHOLE TASTE. I LOVE IT WITH CRYSTAL LITE LEMONADE OR STRAWBERRY ICE FLAVOR, BECAUSE IM ON LO CARB, BUT IT WORKS BOTH WAYS. I DONT HAVE CRUST OR TOPPING,BUT IT IS STILL GREAT TO SATISFY THE DESIRE FOR SOME THING SWEET. I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete