Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Homemade Icecream and Icecream maker

You can ignore the second video...it is basically the same...it won't let me delete it!!!?!?!!!?!!!

I have a cuisinart electric icecream maker.  I love it.  It makes 2 qts of homemade icecream in 25 minutes.  You can start it when you sit down to eat and you have fresh icecream when you are done eating dinner.  Or make a fast FHE treat.

Here are the advantages to the kind I use
Fast
Easy
No rock salt required
No ice required
The ice and bowl don't get stuck
Quiet

Here are the disadvantages to the kind I use
Smaller than traditional (still big enough to feed my family of 6 and have leftover)
Have to think ahead and freeze container (I just keep it in the freezer so it's ready to go)

Here are the different parts to it.
This is the base and the cord is stored in the bottom.




 The beater that mixes the icecream while it's freezing.  The beater does not move while mixing (the bowl does).


The lid. The lid does not move while mixing/freezing.


The bowl that you pour the icecream mixture into.  You freeze it for 24 hours before making icecream.  This is the part of the contraption that turns.


  The bowl sits in the base.


 All put together.



 Completed Ice cream!!!  Yummmmm!!

I can't find the main vanilla recipe I like.  I'll have to keep searching or resort to calling my Mom.

This one is good with fruit (this is for my 2 qt icecream maker---a traditional icecream maker would be double this amount).

1 pt. whipping cream
1 can (soup can size) evaporated milk
1 &1/2 C. white granulated sugar
1 T. vanilla
1 T. lemon juice
pinch of salt
1 C. fruit of any kind (optional) (chopped or pureed)

Mix all ingredients (except fruit) in a jar with lid (shake it up).  Pour into icecream maker.  Add fruit the last few minutes or it will be frozen chunks.

My Mom always said not to use icecream recipes with raw eggs (which this one DOES NOT have) just as a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment