Friday, May 27, 2011

Meatless Mondays

So 2 weeks ago I started doing a thing called "Meatless Mondays".  My hubby thinks that we have to have meat with every dinner.  If I make a vegetarian meal, he will choke down one small portion, then later in the evening make himself something else to eat.  So my strategy up until now has been to hardly ever cook a dinner without a meat main course.

Since we are encouraged to eat meat sparingly, I thought I'd start with 1 family dinner a week that is meatless.  Whether he likes it or not.  P.S. the kids are not too thrilled with it either, but too bad!!!  So sad!!!

Anyway, here's the problem...I don't really know a lot of things to make that are meatless.  Here are the ideas I have come up with so far...Meatless spaghetti, vegetable soup, chickenless alfredo, baked potato, salad bar.  That is honestly all I can think of!  Help!

1 comment:

  1. J read the blog and was not very happy I was "dissing" on him. Sorry honey! (but it's true)

    ReplyDelete