Friday, January 6, 2012

Coconut Chex Mix

I made this for my New Years Eve Party. I got the recipe from my Mom. She had two different neighbors bring it over to her for Christmas Neighbor gifts.

1 medium box golden grahams
1/2 box rice chex
1 large jar of unsalted nuts
1 C. butter (I used real)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Bring butter, sugar, karo to a boil. Boil for 30 sec. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Pour over cereal or popcorn.

That is the "real" recipe.

This is the way my Mom's friends made it and I made it...

Same as above except no golden grahams, just 1 box of rice chex. No salted nuts. After making the sugar mix pour it over cereal, 1 package slivered almonds and 1/2 bag of coconut.

I loved it, I love anything with coconut in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment